Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!






Happy Easter everyone! We had a great Easter weekend. On Friday my family came up for easter dinner/Kayla's birthday. We set up a big egg hunt in the backyard for all the kids and they had so much fun. It's so nice to see all the cousins play together now that they're all getting a bit older. They stayed outside almost the entire time so that was nice for the adults...lol.

On Saturday Macy was supposed to have her first soccer game, but the coach from the other team canceled the game because he thought the field was too wet - it SOOO wasn't! Oh well! the on Saturday afternoon Luke took Macy over to the community center for an easter party while I stayed home and had a nap with Kayla.

This morning we had the egg hunt for the girls, but because they got SO MUCH candy on Friday, we decided to do a scavenger hunt instead. They'd find an egg and it would have a little rhyme as to where the next clue would be and eventually the clues led them to their easter baskets and easter dresses. We put a few little toys in their baskets as opposed to a bunch of candy and they were pretty excited. We did put in a few candies, but not very many.

It's been a great weekend so far and lucky for me, Luke's off work tomorrow too. Then on Tuesday night I leave to go to Women's conference in Utah with some friends. We're coming back late Saturday night so Luke's got the girls Wed-Sun basically! I am so excited to go, I've been wanting to go for the past few years, but between Luke's work schedule, being pregnant, nursing etc. I haven't had the chance. So I'm really happy that it worked out so I could go!

I'll post again when I get back from Utah and hopefully I'll remember to pull out my camera while I'm down there...lol.

4 comments:

Darryl said...

Have fun! Try and see the Nielson Sisters workshop! I hear they are amazing to see, but the line up will be hours long. Have a great time!!! Can't wait to hear about it

Heather said...

this is Heather ps

mommy's thoughts! said...

Your going to a womens conference!!!! So jealous, i wish I was going with you. Hope you have a great time! Take lots of pictures.

Kirsten Treff said...

Happy Birthday, Kayla!! And I love that pic with all the cousins... cousins are the best :) Have fun at women's conference - I wish I could go sometime! It'd be a perfect place to meet up, too :)