Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One of those nights...

Last night was one of those nights, one where you are up all night because of your kids. First Kayla woke up crying so I went into her room and she had taken off her jammies and diaper and was just standing there stark naked, so I go to put a new diaper on her only to realize that we were out of diapers upstairs, so I go downstairs get a diaper and re-dress her. I bring her into bed with us so we can all go back to sleep (this is 1:00am btw) but Kayla starts complaining that she's hungry. I tell her too bad go back to sleep and I doze off. I get woken up an hour later by Kayla who in the meantime had left our bed, went into the playroom and turned on the tv, telling me that she was hungry again (She did eat dinner I swear) so I lift her up into bed and we snuggle instead. Side note, by this time Macy had made her way to our bed too. So I fall asleep again and am woken up again by miss Kayla as she walk into our room with her jammies off again telling me that she pooed and wants me to change her bum. Not only did she poo, but she stuck her hands all in it too - nice! So I go clean her all up and go to put on a fresh diaper, but remember, there are no diapers upstairs, so I run downstairs and a grab a FEW diapers (just incase) and get her all dressed again. I go to put her to bed in her own bed and realize that she had peed it all out when she had stripped down the first time, so I think fast and put her to sleep in Macy's bed. Great, problem solved and now off to bed I go. I finally lay back down in my bed, close my eyes and roll over into a big wet circle of pee. Yup Macy peed OUR bed. So I finally wake Luke up (I didn't want to wake him up because he has an exam today) we didn't know what to do be cause Macy couldn't go back to her bed because Kayla was in there, Kayla's bed was peed out, our bed was peed out...arrrrgh! So we strip down both peed out beds change Macy put her in Kayla's bed, and Luke and I (mostly me though) are so tired by this point that we say forget it, and go sleep downstairs in the guest room. So today I am doing nothing except 15 loads of laundry..lol! Oh well, I guess that's life with kids right?

2 comments:

Kirsten Treff said...

Sorry for laughing, but this post made me laugh. Because it's so true, what you said at the end. This IS life with kids - so crazy! Nothing can prepare you, and you just have to take it one crazy day at a time :) Love ya!

kphsiter said...

hey elder molcak do you remember me elder phister email me
friendly42004@yahoo.com