Thursday, February 25, 2010

A good night's sleep (minus the good and sleep)!

Last night Luke and I didn't get to bed until late (we were trying to catch up on 4 HOURS of American Idol) so after we say our prayers, I said to Luke "wow, I can't believe it's already 1am" then we drifted off to sleep. At 1:33am Kayla wakes up SCREAMING her head off, so I go in and give her her soother, and hold her until I'm safe to put her down. I climb back in bed at 2:01am, and wake up again at 2:55am. This time I nudge Luke and tell him "it's your turn" ( I know, I'm such a mean wife...lol) then he comes back into the room and she's STILL screaming away in her crib. After letting her scream it out for like 30 minutes, I get up with her AGAIN and finally because I'm so exhausted, I bring her into bed with us (keep in mind this is like 3:40am now) but no, she doesn't want to snuggle and go to sleep she wants to flail (sp?) her arms around like a madman and hit Luke and I in the face. So after about 20 minutes of that, Luke puts her back in her crib (we're sitting right around 4am now) and then she woke up for the day at about 6:45am! NOT IMPRESSED!

3 comments:

Tim and Ashlee said...

Ugh! I hate those nights. No fun at all!

Julie said...

i have lots of those....

Antonia said...

And she looks so cute in that pic on the side ;)