Sunday, April 26, 2009

Welcome Kayla...

Here's the scoop! Last Sunday I was having some mild contractions, and with the high blood pressure thing, we thought we'd better go in and get checked. That was at 1:30pm. The Dr. decided to induce me because of the high BP so I was induced at 5:40pm.

Contractions started at 6:30am on Monday and got bad at like 3:30. They brought me up to labor & delivery (from antepartum) at 7:30pm and broke my water and put me on Oxytocin at 8pm.

I got my first epidural at about 9:30pm, since that didn't work, I got my second epidural at about 11:30pm. The Dr. checked me and I was about 3 cm dialated.

At 1am (Tuesday now) the nurse checked me again and I was 10 cm. So it was time to push. I started pushing just after 1am and Kayla was born at 1:42am.

She weighed 6lbs 12oz and was 20.5 inches long.

I am so thankful to have 2 beautiful daughters. Macy was SOOO excited to see Kayla and hold her and hug her. She loves being a big sister.

Here are a few pics:





6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am so excited for you guys that Kayla made her presence EARLY...and that you are both on the mend and doing well...can't wait to meet that little darling in person. :)

Skye said...

CONGRATS! Such great news! You all make a cute little family! I hope you're feeling well, and that you are enjoying your 2 little girls!

mommy's thoughts! said...

Congrats! She is too cute! Reading this is making me get so excited for my little girl!

The Whiddens said...

Congrats you guys! She is beautiful and I am so happy for you. What a cute little family you guys make :)

Rayanna Hogg said...

YAY she finally came... and early!! She is such a beautiful little girl. I'm so thrilled for your family!! Enjoy every minute of her!

Kirsten Treff said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you! She is a beautiful baby:)