Monday, April 13, 2009

A much needed update!

I can't believe what a slacker I've been on my blogging...lol! Everytime I try to go on the computer Macy pushes me away from it, I guess she thinks it takes time away from her! lol! Kids are too funny.

Like every other blog you've read today, here is our Easter weekend update! We headed down to Lethbridge on Thursday after my Dr. appt (which the Dr. wasn't going to let me go cause my BP was 135/108...but it eventually came down) and headed straight to Luke's parents house. I met up with some friends for a girls night and then headed back to Luke's parents and played some cards. I love playing cards with them, it's so fun. I used to hate it when we were first married, but now I love it!

Then Friday we headed over to my parents house so I could meet baby Peyton. I've been waiting to meet her for obvious reasons, but I also couldn't wait to post the pics of the soother clips I made for our little one and for Peyton! Then we met up with Luke's family and went for supper for his Grandma's B-day. It was fun to see everyone and watch Macy play with her cousins. She's finally at the age where she can run off and play with them and I'm not worried! lol! Then back to Luke's parents for more cards and we played American Idol on the Wii. It was so fun to see everyone siging their hearts out. We put it on random so whatever song it landed on you had to sing. Luke had to sing Wnnabe by Spice Girls! lol!



On Saturday Luke went gopher shooting with his dad and brothers and Macy and I headed to Coaldale for the annual easter egg hunt! It took Macy a few minutes to grasp the concept, but she eventually did really well. After that we went to Luke's sisters house to see their new puppies and have a little visit and then Luke and I had a wedding reception to go to. We met up with our good friends Trevor and Tiffany there and then went out to BP's so we vould visit. I miss Tiffany SO much. It was so nice to catch up. I'm so lucky to have such a great friend in my life. Thanks for always being there for me Tiff!

And then Sunday was the big day - EASTER!!! lol! Macy woke up and we brought her into the family room where the Easter Bunny had left her basket and her new Easter dress. She was SO excited. She was also WIRED all day Sunday, but oh well, that's the fun of holidays right? lol! After that we went to church and then back to my parents house for an egg hunt and some yummy dinner.




All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, jammed packed with family, friends and lots of yummy food! (at 38 weeks pregnant, the food was my main interest...lol).

Speaking of pregnancy, just thought I'd mention that our little bundle is due in just 10 days!!! I am so excited for her to come. I'm telling myself that she won't make her appearance for another few weeks so that if she comes earlier, I'll be pleasantly surprised! (ya right...we all know I'll be disappointed and annoyed if she's not here by then..lol).

Well, now we're back home and life is back to normal. So I better run and get some stuff done before this little girl makes her debut! I'm almost done the nursery...I can't wait to post some pics, it's SO cute!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Girl looks like you had a very busy weekend, Macy is darling as ever and it was nice to see her at the egg hunt. I miss you too!!! Good thing your family lives her so we can still see each other, it was so nice catching up. I can't wait for that baby to get her so I can come visit !!!

Kelli Olsen said...

busy weekend! I wish I could have seen Luke singing some Spice Girls!