Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life...

Yesterday was my first day at home with both the girls and it went SO well. There were a couple moments where Macy and Kayla both were upset and needed me while the phone was ringing and I wasn't sure what to do, but all in all, it went really well. I have to tell you how much I love being a mother. For those of you who don't know, a few years ago we didn't think we'd have ANY children, and yesterday morning both our girls were lying in bed with us and I was so filled with grattitude to my Heavenly Father, who has blessed me more than I could have imagined. I am so thankful for my little family. I seriously have the best husband who will do anything to help make my life easier. He is so supportive of me and I appreciate him SO much!

Now that Kayla is here, I am so anxious to get out of the house and back into the "world" but I know I need to give my body a rest. I'm glad that Kayla is here safe and sound and that I can get back to "normal" and hopefully get my energy back (now that I'm not big and preggers) and that I can heal and take my girls out for some fun.

I am also incredibly grateful for the sisters in my ward. I can't tell you what a testimony builder it is when the relief society sisters take over and pour so much love and service on you. We've been so blessed to have had dinners coming in since SATURDAY and are still coming. One sister is even bringing me lunch everyday this week. I am so thankful to these sisters who have busy lives of their own and families to take care, but are still concerned for me and my family's welfare. I know the Relief Society is an inspired program and it's the little things like taking someone a meal when they're not feeling their best, or a little note to say I'm thinking of you, or a hug or a smile in the halls at church, that make our testimonies grow and inspire us to get in there an help out wherever we can.

Thanks again to all of you who have helped and supported us over the last few years. Our lives are so filled with happiness and joy and a lot of it has to do with YOU - our wonderful families & friends!

1 comment:

Kelli Olsen said...

No one deserve's it more then you two! I'm so happy that people there are taking care of you when most of your friends and family are far away. Your right, the Relief Society is an amazing program!