Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Poor Baby!

Last night after giving Kayla a bath I put her to bed, and then about 45 minutes later I put Macy to bed (Luke was at school). I was all excited for a night to myself, curled up in a blanket to watch American Idol and Biggest Loser when Kayla woke up screaming. So I thought, ok no problem, I'll just go put her soother in and then she'll be back to sleep in no time. So I go into her room and feeling my way around her crib in the dark for her soother, when all of a sudden I put my hand in this NASTY slimy stuff. I turn the light on and there was a pile of barf the size of a dinner plate. GROSS! So I get her all cleaned up and change her bedding and then put her down again. About 10 minutes later I hear her crying again, so I go back up there and sure enough another nasty puke. So I change the bedding and her again. I bring her down stairs to just lie down on the floor and settle a bit, when she starts projectile vomitting all over the carpet EVERYWHERE. So I clean her up, give her another bath, and put another new set of jammies on her. Well, a few more minutes later same thing again...I think you get the point here. So after talking to my MIL who is a nurse in the NICU, we decided it must just be a bug of some sort because she had no fever and she hadn't tried any new foods yesterday??? Weird, I know. So we called a friend from the ward and her hubby came over to help Luke give Kayla a blessing, and then she fell asleep and we put her to bed. I'm happy to say that she seems to be doing a lot better today. It's so scary when our kids get sick. I have to be honest and say that I had no clue what to do because Macy has NEVER been sick in her life. She has had a cold before, but has never been sick with a fever or anything like that.

So after 3 bedding changes, 4 jammie changes for Kayla, 2 jammie changes for me, 2 baths and a sleeping baby, I went downstairs to finally watch American Idol and guess what?????

IT DIDN'T PVR!!!!

2 comments:

Jodi Pilling said...

oh that TOTALLY sucks. I hope you have a better night tonight!

Tiffany said...

Hang in there I bet anything it is a 24 hr bug this, both my kiddos had it before Christmas, and I can totally sympathize with you ...NOT FUN at all.