Monday, January 4, 2010

Dear...

OLD. CRUSTY. LADY at Fabricland who nearly bit my head off when I asked her where to find some clear vinyl,

You were very rude, snarky and unpleasant today when I came in your store with my 2 children (who were actually behaving very well...especially since one was sleeping) and frankly ruined my pleasant shopping trip! You (and all your 100 year old co-workers) need to realize that a lot of young people do not know how to sew and therefore do not know what "type" of fabric we are looking for - I want dark brown fabric, that's all I know! I could see the rage in your eyes and hear it in your voice when I told you I don't really sew, but newsflash - it cost like triple the amount to sew something these days as it does to just go buy it in the store and all you've wasted is maybe 30minutes instead of 30hours!!!

I also wasn't impressed when the 90 year old customer infront of me at the checkout wanted to return her unopened "quilting something or other" and because she was a couple days past the 1 week return policy, you wouldn't give her a refund or even a store credit! She was so nice and pleasant and your obnoxious manager told her "too bad"! I mean seriously who says "too bad" to a 90 year old lady???? So the poor lady said "well, these are no good to me so you guys might as well keep them" to which the manager replied "well, sorry"! (Keep in mind the manager was a middle aged woman - not some teenager). After this happened, the cashier proceeded to ring through my stuff to which she asked "do you want a bag for this?" of course I want a bag, I'm juggling 2 kids a diaper bag and now a bunch of fabric that if it falls on the snowy, dirty ground in the parking lot is now null and void, so yes I'd like a bag. "Sure no problem" she says and CHARGES me for it???

Sincerely,
no longer a customer of yours!

8 comments:

Julie Weiss said...

I would boycott too if they had that store here

Tiffany said...

WOW I would call and ask to talk to a higher up Mananger, maybe goodle fabricland and contact someone about such RUDINESS. Not called for at al.

Jodi Pilling said...

that is terrible! I love how eloquently you wrote this, it made me laugh. Hope you find a better fabric store with much BETTER customer service!

Heather said...

UH! I hate Fabricland! My mum worked there for a long time too, and eventually quit because of all these reasons you mentioned!

Tim and Ashlee said...

I also had an "awesome" experience at Fabricland yesterday. I won't be returning!!

I always love the "do you want a bag?" questions. Do you see how full my hands are? Yes I want a bag!

The Whiddens said...

That's ridiculous!

Irene said...

Hilarious! Now you know the "real" reason I didn't teach you how to sew....hahahaha!

Kennedy said...

Oh my gosh, I think I have met this same Frabicland Lady. I went in there a few years back to purchase some (what turned out to be)fairly expensive material. I told he lady what I was looking for and she tried mutiple times to convince me I was wrong and should go with a cheaper (and cheap looking) material. She was completly no help to me. She yelled at my child, who was not even two at the time, for hiding in the fabric. Then yelled at me for not watching him so closely. I've seen her bully other children in the store for "being too rowdy", too. Here's a tip....have a place for kids to play while mom's pick out material and keep your fabric store making money.