Thursday, October 29, 2009

A party for my ghouls! (Beware HEAVY picture post)

Yesterday was the girls halloween party! There were 12 kids between the ages of 6 months and 2 years old! YIKES! lol! We had a lot of fun and Macy was in her glory having all those kids around.

I had the kids color their pumpkin (thanks to the wondeful insight of my sister, I didn't let them carve it here...lol), then they did a little Jack o' Lantern craft, then they decorated ghost and pumpkin sugar cookies! It was a hit! the kids all sat and did their activities for a whole hour and a half! I was shocked. The moms mingled and had fun while watching the kids do their crafts.

After all the kids left, I quickly packed up the girls and we took some halloween cupcakes over to Luke's work for him and his co-workers. It was SOOO cute. The girls were still in their costumes, and Macy walked around his office and personally hand delivered a cupcake to each person there. It was adorable. She loved it.

Then we came home the kids crashed and I cleaned. Later on when Luke came home we carved our pumpkins. This year we had lot's of pumpkins to carve (long story) so we spent the evening carving pumpkins and then bathtime and then off to bed! Pheww, all in all we had a really fun day. Thanks to everyone who came to our party, we'll have to do it again next year.


View from the front door


The giant spider I found at the dollar store (This is a big deal for anyone who knows me well - I HATE spiders)


My SCARY spiders and webs..lol (again, a huge deal for me)


My little Pirate Wenches! lol.


Coloring their pumpkins


Ok Kayla was sitting in the middle of the LOUD kitchen and totally fell asleep. Too funny.


I forgot to take pics of the big cupcakes, but here's a couple stragglers of the mini ones.


Luke doing the dirty work! I was surprised that Macy wouldnt stick her hand in the pumpkin, that is so not Macy! lol.


3 out of the 7 pumpkins. (We gave up and only carved 4..lol)

3 comments:

Kelli Olsen said...

Looks like so much fun! The girls look so cute in their costumes!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the invite...LOL. Wish we were there to have some fun with those way to cute pirates !

Irene said...

You are such a wonderful mom! What a fun Halloween for Macy and Kayla!