Saturday, October 17, 2009

Much needed day!

Last night Luke asked if he could go to the auction this morning. He knew I wasn't going to be in full support of this, so he quickly added "how about I bring Kayla with me and you can spend some quality time just with Macy".

I thought about this for a second ( I mean, hello, I'm getting stuck with a 2 year old in this deal...lol) but agreed! I thought it would be a great opportunity to do some things with Macy that I want to do, but find very difficult since having Kayla. So we got up this morning, had breakfast, Luke and Kayla headed out to the auction (where he got me a magic bullet for $10 - I know AWESOME!!!) and Macy and I headed out on our fun-filled day. First we hit up Michael's for some halloween stuff for the halloween party I'm doing (it's on the 28th, so I'll post about that later), then we went to the library and got a membership and took out a few books and DVD's, then we went to the pool and played in the water which was so great since I haven't been able to take her since Kayla was born, and then we finished the day off with getting some ice cream and coming home for a much needed nap!

I love both my girls so much, but sometimes I have mixed emotions about the timing of my kids. What I mean by this, is that just when Macy started getting to the fun age (12-18 months) I got pregnant with Kayla (when Macy was 15 months) and was SOOO tired and nauseous for the next 3-4 months and then got big (and even more tired) and then had a baby that I never really was able to spend that "fun, quality" time with her. (Have any of you ever felt that way or is this just me?) Don't get me wrong I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kayla and am so glad that I have her, I just think that both Macy and I missed out on some really important bonding time together. So, with that said, I am really thankful that I was able to spend some time alone with her today. She still kept asking where daddy and "Kya" was the whole time, but that's ok, I'm glad she loves her daddy and sister so much! ;)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I hear you girl, ok not really I can't complain my boys are two and half years apart, but I think no matter the age is has to be a priority to get some quality time in with you kids daily ! You are so lucky to have Luke as your hubby...what awesome guy to take Kayla...PS you are going to love your magic bullet we for sure use it at least one daily !!!

Kelli Olsen said...

Yes I know exactly how you feel. Ty and McKenna are 13 months apart. Ty was still a baby when I had McKenna. But he will never know what he might have missed out on so that makes it a little better. I just love seeing their little relationship blossom and am hoping they will be close as they grow up. I think its harder on us, then them.