Even with thanksgiving still fresh in my mind, I really stuggled yesterday to "count my many blessings". It was one of those typical days where the kids just woke up on the WRONG side of the bed (or crib) and stayed that way until bedtime (which they both screamed for an hour until they finally fell asleep) and to top it all off, Luke had school until 9pm and both girls are sick.
While I'm sure this day does not sound fun to any of you (and probably all too familiar), I sat there in the peace and quiet before I went to bed, and felt uber guilty for taking my kids for granted. I remember the days when I would cry and be so sad that I didn't have any children, and now that I do, I should be so thankful and appreciate them more than I did yesterday.
My girls are the joys of my life. They are both so different but make it equally easy to love them both! Macy is SUCH a good big sister to Kayla. When Kayla wakes up, Macy runs into her room, climbs into her crib and laughs and plays with Kayla until I get there. If Kayla starts crying on the floor, Macy will run over and lie down beside her and try to comfort her. She is so loving and kind to her sister. I am SO grateul for that. Kayla is the happiest baby I have EVER seen. She loves giving up smiles and is so content to just lie on the ground and roll around. She loves getting attention, but doesn't demand it. She loves laughing at her big sister and is just such a blessing to have in our family.
So, here's to today, and trying to make my time with my girls count! So I better go, and stop blogging! lol!
Here are a few pics from Thanksgiving:
Macy & Gabby







1 comment:
Don't beat yourself up...we ALL have those days...WE all know how very thankful you are for those two little sweeties. Hope you are having a much better day :)
Post a Comment