Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A fun-filled weekend!!!

So we got home on Monday from our little weekend away and let me tell ya, it was FANTASTIC!!! I love Macy SOOOO much but it was really nice to get away just Luke and I.

When we got there on Friday night our hotel had "overbooked" so they sent us to another hotel for the night and made sure that they had a room for us for the next 2 nights. So the next day we went white water rafting and it was so fun. We hit some good rapids and had a nice relaxing day. Later we checked into our hotel and they brought us free coupons ($40 worth) for breakfast in their restaurant, and this cheese and fruit platter and drinks and stuff as a kind of "sorry for the inconvenience of last night" deal! Then we heard from the GM and she gave us a gift certificate for a free weekend stay anytime in the next year! We were pretty excited, there's another trip paid for! haha. They really went out of their way to try and make it up to us and we really appreciated it.

The rest of the weekend was spent shopping, lounging by the pool, we went to the movies, hot tubbing and more shopping! haha I did my typical shopping spree and bought next to nothing for myself, but basically EVERYTHING under the sun for Macy! haha. She even got a cute little pair of Pink Uggs! SO CUTE!!!

And for the cherry on top of such a wonderful weekend, when we got to the border there was only 1 car infront of us so we got through in like a minute and a half! YAY!!!

I am so thankful for such a wonderful mother who offered to take Macy for us. My mom is the best and I love her so much. Thanks again mom!

I hope everyone else had a wonderful long weekend!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Glad you guys had a fun time. Sierra and Macy had fun playing together. See you guys soon!

The Whiddens said...

Hayley has pink Uggs, too. They were the first things I bought when I found out I was having a girl - haha.