Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer Fun!

We haven't had the best weather up here lately, but last week we got some really nice hot sunny days, so I set up Macy's pool that Grandma Ormston bought for her birthday and Macy LOVED it! She is such a little waterbaby.





On Tuesday we met up with my mom and brother and his girls at the Zoo! We had so much fun seeing the kids reactions to the animals. The weather was perfect and we all enjoyed eachothers company. Macy and I baked some cookies before we left so everyone could enjoy a yummy snack. After the Zoo Macy and daddy enjoyed playing Mario Kart on the Wii!







I've been telling Luke lately how I'm so ready for a little getaway, so being the wonderful husband that he is, he planned a little weekend away for the two of us in Kalispell this weekend. We're going rafting all day Saturday and we're planning on just hanging out and shopping. I'm pretty excited to go. It's going to be so hard to leave Macy for the weekend, we've never left her for that long before.....eeeek! I hope she's good for my mom!

I think it's so important to take time out as husband and wife and regroup and spend time working on your marriage. I know this sounds like a stupid comparison, but Luke and I followed the "Baby Borrowers" series this year. For those of you who have not seen the show, it's teenage couples who think they're ready for parenthood and they live the lives of "adults". Every few days they get a new child at a new age and stage of development. Last night was the series finale and they had to deal with the last phase of parenthood...caring for their elderly! After the seniors left and the "experiment" was over, the couples didn't know what to do with eachother. The kids had taken so much of their time that they didn't have time to spend with eachother and now that they did, they didn't have anything to talk about. I just think that we can all relate this to our own lives. We all love our children and want the best for them, but we have to not let raising them get in the way of our marriages. In the end, your kids are going to grow up and move away and you'll be left with your hubby (or wife, if any men are reading this).

1 comment:

mommy's thoughts! said...

I agree, it is so important to get away once and a while with your spouse. Hope you have a great time.