Thursday, August 6, 2009

I did it!

I have been wanting to learn how to do those super cute fondant cakes for the longest time and decided that I would sign up for the Wilton Cake Decorating class at Michaels so I could learn how to. Well, you can't just sign up for that, you have to do ALL the classes (there's like 5 of them before the fondant one) and pay a bunch of money and they never worked with my schedule so I decided to look it up and just go for it and teach myself!

Here's the result!



I am really happy with the result! I have a friend in the ward who fell and broke her leg REALLY badly. She's a single mom to one boy and has 3 foster children (2 of them are under 18 months), so I decided to pass this cake along to her to cheer her up.

7 comments:

Karyn said...

The cake looks awesome. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Yummmmm

Irene said...

Wow! That cake looks fabulous! you have to teach me when I get back home!

Jodi Pilling said...

Great job Carissa! It looks totally professional. Nice that you shared it with someone you needed cheering up.

Skye said...

Super cute! It looks so great!

Luke Molcak said...

I wonder if it tasted good... guess I'll never know :( Good job honey!!

Antonia said...

Awesome Job! That was so nice of you to gift the cake!