That pretty much sums up how Kayla's immunization went today! The nurse would NOT zip it! I mean, it's my second kid and she kept explaining the vaccinations, and proper care for a newborn. I was like, ya, uh-huh, I know let's get on with the show. We were in her office for over 45 minutes before she even gave Kayla her shots. She was a really sweet nice lady, but come on, I have things to do today, and I'm sure she had people waiting for her!
I know it's not a big deal and everyone goes through it, but it's so hard seeing that look on your child face when they jab them with that needle and you can see just how much it hurt them. I remember being so scared to take Macy for her shots, but she did SO well. She barely made a peep. Either she has a really high pain tolerance or her thighs were WAY more chunkier than Kayla's so she didn't feel it as much??? Who knows!
Speaking of size, Kayla is definitely teeny tiny! I think her weight is in the 10th percentile, and her length is like the 25th. When cross referenced she is overall in the 55th percentile (whatever that means??) Anways, she weighs in a 9lbs 11oz. My Dr. said to count my blessings that she's not huge because they're so much easier to lug around! lol! I have to say I agree with her. After having one HUGE baby (Macy was off the charts) it's nice to have a light one! lol!
I Do Now
1 week ago


5 comments:
Oh my that is so annoying, I can just see you sitting there, thinking WOMEN HURRY IT UP ALREADY..geesh. Made me laugh. Hopefully poor Kayla isn't to cranky tonigh for ya.
I hate it when they chat. BRUTAL! Oh, and 9lbs 11oz was Stratton's BIRTH weight! Yes, be grateful, they are much easier to pack around when they're a bit lighter! :) She's a doll!!!
I hate shot days. So not fun. The first time I cried along with Kinsey, but by her 6 mth shots neither one of us cried.
I can't stand it when they do that either!! Shots day is never fun... hope little Kyla is doing better.
yeah, Annabelle's a little one, too. She just started wearing 6-9 months clothes, and she's 9 months in a couple days!
btw, lol about that dress - guess good taste runs in the family:)
and also btw, kayla looks like an ormston in the pic to the side! what cuties they both are!
Post a Comment