Well, I had a sad day last week, I finally came to grips with the fact that I will NEVER have long, thick, beautiful flowing hair and you know what....I think I'm ok with that. Sometimes as women I think we see these beautiful women on TV with gorgeous hair and and think that if we really take care of our own hair it will all of a sudden look like that???? I don't know why we do that, it's the exact same thing as looking at some Hollywood starlet and thinking that if I take care of my body, it will all of a sudden look like theirs.....Reality check, I'm 5'2", with my father's calves and my Nanny O's everything else! I'm NEVER going to grow tall and lean, just as my hair will NEVER get thicker! That's how the cookie crumbles and I'm ok with that. I've been blessed with so many other great qualities and beauties. I love my eyes, my teeth and my skin. I love that I can get a tan in the summer and I love my hair when it's cut properly. I'm not trying to be concieded or anything, I just think that we need to make the best of the features WE were blessed with, instead of constantly trying strive for things that will never be!
So with that said, here are a few pics of my new hair cut! And remember ladies, you've all been blessed with beautiful features...so embrace them, and make them work to your advantage! lol!





3 comments:
I knew your hair would be cute...as always. I must say this is my favorite cut on you !!! Short hair is the new thing anyway...LOL. If our hubby's want long hair...let them grow it themselves.
I love your hair Carissa, it looks super cute. I love the new background you put on your blog. How did you get it like that?
Way to be - and come to grips; I need to do the same!
Post a Comment