I can't believe my little Macy is 4 today. I remember waking up for years ago today and getting the call that Macy had been born at 4:00am. I was told that she weighed 6lbs15oz, and that she had lot's of dark hair. Luke and I couldn't contain our excitement. We drove up to Calgary and saw Macy that night. I held her in my arms and I just KNEW that she was mine. I can't describe the feelings I had, she was just so "mine". She had the cute little blond streak in the dark hair that she's kept to this day. The next day we went back to the hospital and did the placement in the chapel of the hospital. It was a very emotional and spiritual experience. We put her in her car seat and left the hospital. I sat in the back with her for the ride down to Lethbridge and kept straightening her head because I didn't want her to stop breathing (definitely a first time mom thing...lol). Everyone was so excited to she her and hold her she was perfect. Now she's 4 and even more wonderful than I could even imagine. She brings us so much happiness. She's so funny, she comes out with these hilarious one liners, and she just has this passion for life already. She loves soccer, preschool, snacks, movies, her sandbox, retro tv (especially inspector gadget), she loves being a big sister, she loves setting up her tea set and having a tea party. She loves it when Luke and I pretend to be scared about something, she puts her arm around us and says"it's ok mommy/daddy, you're ok, I'm here" it's so cute. Macy is known for her gorgeous hair. I may be biased, but I think she's so beautiful. She has most of her books completely memorized so it sounds like she's reading them but really she's just awesome at remembering things. I love her so much, and I feel so blessed to be her mom. Happy Birthday Macy!!! xoxo
The day we brought Macy home from the hospital
Macy in her cute little outfit from G-Ma Ormston
I love this picture
First family picture
My beautiful 4 year old!
2 comments:
No bias, she IS super gorgeous!!
she is such a doll. I hope she is having a good birthday today!
Post a Comment