Saturday, January 22, 2011

Some quality sister time!

On Tuesday morning the girls I drove down to Lethbridge and spent the night at my sisters place and then bright and early Wednesday morning we drove down to the cabin for a couple days. I had so much fun shopping and hanging out with Nessa and her adorable kiddos. She just brought the youngest 2 (Kenzie & Preston) who are the same age as Macy & Kay. Macy just adores her cousin Kenzie and 95% of the time they play really well together (the other 5% is either getting in mischief together or bossing each other around...lol). I wish I lived closer to my sister and the rest of my family so we could hang out more, but luckily we're still only a couple short hours away.

Speaking of only being a couple hours away, when we move to our new house we'll be half an hour closer! Woohoo, I'm so excited! We get possession of our house in 16 days and I'm just DYING with excitement. When Ness and I were shopping down in Kalispell, I wanted to buy EVERY home decor thing I saw, but my good sense kicked in and said "hang tight until after you're in the house so you know what you need!" Dang you inside voice! lol. Lately I've been lying in bed at night just thinking of different decorating ideas. I can't stop googling "little girls bedroom ideas" or "over the mantle decorating ideas"...lol. I know, it's pretty pathetic, but I'm just that excited.

We spent all day last Saturday and again today packing as much as possible and holy cow, I can't believe how much stuff we've accumulated over the past 7 years. We have 9 big rubbermaid totes full of kids clothes. That's not even counting all the baby blankets and crap like that. Isn't that crazy??? My poor house is in shambles with totes and boxes everywhere and my living room is piled sky high with boxes and more totes! Luckily we're not bringing our kitchen table, our dressers, 2 beds, 1 couch and my CRAZY heavy piano. So that should help make the move easier.

Well, since today is supposed to be a packing day, I better get off the computer and get some more packing done!

No comments: