Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dinners PLEASE...

Maybe it's becuse it's summer, or that we just got back from holidays or I'm just lazy, but I have been majorly slacking in the dinner department lately. My poor husband comes home from work and I'm like "sorry, I have NO CLUE what to make for dinner" and then we normally just go grab something - so bad I know!

So ladies I need some ideas for some healthy dinners. I feel like I make the same things over and over again (when I actually make dinner that is...lol). Spaghetti, tacos, chicken, BBQ etc. I need some new recipes that I can make easily without having to buy weird ingredients (i.e. goat cheese or something like that..lol) If any of you are willing to share some of your favorite recipes, I'd appreciate them and my husband would REALLY apreciate them...lol!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I've got some good ones. What's your email address? I also look at a couple of cooking blogs. I'll give them to you in an email.

The Molcak's said...

you're a lifesaver Em! My email is lcmolcak@shaw.ca...oooh, I'm soo excited!

Kelli Olsen said...

Here's one thats super easy and taste's delicious!

Cream Cheese Chicken

6 chicken breasts (I use 3-4 usually)can also chop it in bite size pieces if you want.
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg Italian salad dressing mix (look in salad dressing isle)
1 8oz pkg cream cheese

Put chicken in crock pot with soup and italian mix. cook on high for 4-6 hours. Add Cream cheese for the last hour.(cut up into small pieces so it blends well. Serve over rice.

Terri-Ann said...

We've been doing simpler meals lately (nice for the summer). Through some chicken or other meat on the BBQ, then add whatever in season veggies you have. Beans, corn, carrots, broccoli, potatoes...and a little cheese sauce goes a long way for kids (or husbands!) who are veggie people. The nice thing is that when you serve different vegetables, it seems like a different meal.