Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Could I have a bully???

Lately I've noticed that Macy can get really aggressive with other kids. She has such a sweet side to her where she's constantly hugging other kids and sharing with them. Infact I asked her nursery leader how she does in nursery and she said all the leaders call her "The Hugger"! lol! But sometimes she really goes after other kids, and can get really aggressive. The other day I was visiting teaching and there was another little girl there who was just standing there minding her own business and Macy just walked up to her and pushed her as hard as she could. I was so embarrased especially since I had just finished telling this little girls mom that it would be so nice for them to have a playdate together. I'm sure she was thinking, ya right, like I'm sending my kid over to your house where she'll get the crap kicked out of her by your monster! lol! Ok I'm sure she wasn't thinking QUITE that, but you know what I mean.

I know it's just the age and all, but I really hope that Macy is just going through a phase and that it might fade when the summer comes and she can run off some energy in the backyard or the park.

I'm sure many of you have felt like I feel and I know it's totally normal for kids to act like this, but it doesn't change the fact that I don't like it! lol! Luckily when I tel her to stop or tell her to say sorry, she does it no problem....for now! lol!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh girl I hear your frustration...funny story today while at mcd's playland...a little girl started crying and I instantly ran over there to see if it was Hunter... the little girls mom said what would make you think it is your little guy? HMM good question but seriously Hunter can be a little bully and it makes me so very very sad inside. Am I failing him as a mother or what? Where does all this agression come from? So I can definatly symphathize with you on this one. I must say it gets better....SLOWLY. And I am hoping and praying it will end soon.

Kelli Olsen said...

Ty is the same way...though he is getting better, so there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Anonymous said...

I am in the same boat with my daughtor. I think it must be the age! Keep up the awesome work!