Monday, November 24, 2008

It's a girl...

On Friday morning we had our ultrasound to find out whether our little bambino would need blue or pink, and to our surprise, it's a GIRL! Luke really wanted a boy, I didn't care so much either way, but we both really felt like it was a boy so we were a little surprised. I am SO excited that it's a girl. I think it will be so nice for Macy to have a sister so close in age. I'm also really excited because my sister in law Karyn, is going to have a baby girl too. So our babies are only going to be 2-3 weeks apart. I was looking through Macy's baby clothes and I'm so excited to be able to use them again. Macy had SO MANY baby clothes that I didn't get to use most outfits more than once, so they all seem new again. I'm also really excited about all the matching clothes I can put the girls in. Can't wait!

The ultrasound took forever because our baby was jumping and turning and kicking and would not stay still even long enough to get a clear picture. We didn't get any pictures just some video footage of our little monkey!


It's hard to tell in the video what's what, but the big white thing on the left is my placenta, and then the baby's face is kinda nestled into it, so you can see the left ear and the arms and legs. When my mom saw the movie, she said "she's not a very pretty baby" hahaha. So true, there's not much to look at right now, she kinda looks like E.T.




Also this weekend we headed down to Lethbridge for my little brother Paul's farewell. He's leaving to go on his mission this Thursday. I had such a nice time visiting with friends and family. On Saturday night, we all got together at my brother and sister in law's house (except Kyle & Karyn who were on their home home from Mexico) and had some pizza and let the cousins exchange gifts since we're not going to see everyone at Christmas time. It was so fun to see all the kids playing together. My sister in law Antonia, is so great at getting things organized and ready and having things for th kiddo's to do. She had made gingerbread cookies and set eveything out for the kids to decorate cookies, and did a little photoshoot. It was so cute.














On Sunday was Paul's farewell. I am going to miss Paul so much. He's such a fun kid with such a great sense of humour. We love him so much and are really going to notice his absence at family functions. Luke and Paul get along so great so Luke said taht he's reall going to miss him too! Oh well, it's just for a short time and I know that he's got more important work to do. He's going to be a great missionary, I don't have any doubts about that.

4 comments:

Skye said...

So exciting you're having another little girl! I'm sure Macy will be such a great big sister! And good luck to Paul!!!! He'll do great i'm sure!

Tiffany said...

I am so excited that you guys are going to have a little girl,, I can't wait for her arrival. Now I know what I can buy to spoil the little one. Have a great week.

GuppiesGalore said...

LOL, no baby is "pretty" on ultrasounds! Especially the 18-20 week ultrasound...the bones and parts are all there, but there is none of that chub that makes babies really cute. : )

Emily Pillinger

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the news. That's nice that Macy will have another girl to grow up with that's close in age.