Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Company

Well, I haven't exactly stuck to the blogging thing like I said I would (it's so hard with little ones running around) but I do have lot's to catch up on.

Last week my mom, my sister and her 4 kiddos came to stay for a few days. We had so much fun at Calaway Park, shopping, a carnival and the spray park. The kids played well together and it was nice to just spend that time with my mom and sister! I miss not living close to my family anymore, but I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be! And who knows what the future holds, maybe it'll bring us back south again???

I laugh at this picture because Macy's hair really is that crazy...lol

Choo Choo cousin fun!

Macy's first time on the bumper cars...let's just say we're holding out for next year..lol!

Mom being Mom! lol. Love you!!!
So mom and Ness left on Wednesday and then our good friends the Harkers came up on Thursday to spend a few days here aswell. It's become a yearly tradition that they come up for a few days each year and visit and take the kids to Calaway and the Zoo. We love having company and the Harkers are SO FUN!!!

The guys taking the kiddos on the log ride!

Blake & Macy

The carousel is Kayla's favorite ride!

Kayla & Collin

The mom's being good sports (ok, I'm super short and my knees were crammed so bad in there and yet there were grown men in the cars too - how???? lol)
Also, Macy finished her swimming lessons last week and she did so great. She has always loved the water and has such an adventurous spirit so I guess that's a good combo when it comes to swimming lessons! lol. I love my little Macy so much, lately she has been crawling into bed with us in the morning and she just snuggles right up to me so tight. I LOVE it. For those of you that know Macy well, she is SO NOT a cuddler (and if she were it would be with her dad because she's such a daddy's girl) so needless to say, I'll take my cuddles whenever I can get them...lol! Kayla on the other hand would cuddle me all day if I had the time to do so. She is just the sweetest little girl ever. She has such a nice easy going personality, although when she gets upset, it's like 0-100 in 3 seconds flat! lol. She definitely got my temper...lol.

I'm enjoying my girls so much at the stages they're at. I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be their mother. It's been a crazy ride getting these girls, and sometimes I've wished that it hadn't been so hard, but because it has, I love and appreciate them so much - not only as my daughters, but as daughters of our loving Heavenly Father. They are choice spirits and I feel like I've been entrusted with them and I won't let Him down!

No comments: