Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Smile for the camera - Ya right!

Our family's going on holidays in a few weeks, so I went to Walmart today to get Kayla's passport photos done, and what a gong show. First of all she wasn't wearing the right colour (it has to be a solid dark colour...because so many newborn sleepers are BLACK), she has to have her eyes open (newborns eyes are ALWAYS open), she has to be looking at the camera (because she knows there's a camera there...considering she can't even make out her own hand infront of her), and her hands have to be down by her side (because newborns don't have their hands constantly curled up by their face)!!!

I'm sorry but I think it's absolutely ridiculous that a newborn baby needs a passport. I was so frustrated trying to get this picture and I'm not even sure that it will work. I had to hold her up like a "puppet" with my hand up the back of the shirt that I had to go buy her that was way too big because - THEY DON'T MAKE NEWBORN SLEEPERS IN DARK COLOURS, and hold her hands down while she stiffened them as hard as she could. Then I had to make sure that you couldn't see my fingers as I hold her head up. IMPOSSIBLE!

Anyways, I'm excited to get away for a bit. We're going down to Kalispell with my brother and sister in law and their girls! I can't wait to go to the waterslides (if it's warm enough) and to go shopping for the girls and for myself. I was hoping that we could go a little later in the summer so I might be closer to my pre-pregnancy size, but actually, for the past 2 days I've been wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans so I'm VERY happy about that.

Well, I guess we'll have to see if we even get to go with Kayla's passport picture being so CRAZY!!!

4 comments:

Kelli Olsen said...

Ryan looked on the Canadian border webpage and it says that kids under 2 don't need a passport...just a birth certificate. I agree, its ridiculous. You can never get a perfect pic of a little baby, and they grow so fast!

Mindi said...

Hey woman...so, if you are going soon, just know the weather there isn't that great. It'll be nice, but I wouldn't be hitting up the waterslides. We are in Missoula and the weather is going to be the same there and here. Also, you don't need passports yet, especially for a baby. That's ridiculous. The only time you need a passport right now is when you FLY, so don't worry about the border. All youw ill need for the kids is their birth certificates! I think they should tell people when they actually need them, but me livign here and going through the border lots i'm just informed. good luck.

Tiffany said...

Hey girl I can just see you at Walmart right now...uggghh ! Crazy goverment rules...have fun in Kali...can't wait to hear all about it.

The Molcak's said...

Unfortunately as of June 1st everyone crossing the border needs a passport whether they are flying, driving or crossing by water! We're still not sure if babies qualify, but we figured we better not take any chances. So make sure your passport is valid if you cross after June 1st!