Ok moms, I need some input here. Macy is just getting to that age where she's being invited to birthday parties from kids at school. I do not know these kids or their parents, and I'm really struggling with if I should let her go or not? Thoughts? What do you guys do? I mean I'm sure the families are nice, and not crazy ax murderers and all, but I'm just not sure how comfortable I am with sending her to a random stranger's house? Am I being to over protective?
3 comments:
I would be hesitant too. I think an option would be to stay at the party with Macy if she really wants to go, and you don't know them. Any parent could use the extra help anyways.
If I don't know the parent or aren't comfortable with leaving them, I will usually stay. I haven't found any parents yet who have had a problem with it.
I usually stay as well. The parents are usually happy to have an extra set of adult hands on board. If that's not a possibility and you have enough notice, you could arrange a play date with the other mom so you can get to know them a little. Sometimes I just stay for a little bit, 20 minutes or half and hour to get a feel for the house, family and party. Most often I feel comfortable by then and feel okay leaving.
Post a Comment