Sunday, September 14, 2008

Paul's Mission Call!

Last week Paul called my sister and I on a 3 way call, while he opened his mission call. The whole family was so anxious for it to get here, because we were told that it had been mailed out from Salt Lake like 3 weeks earlier, so we were expecting it a lot sooner, and while we were all there! Oh well, it came and Paul is VERY excited to be heading to Albuquerque New Mexico on December 3rd. I ccan't believe that he's already going on his mission. He is such a great kid (er..I mean adult?? weird) and brings so much humor, love and happiness to our family. I am going to miss him so much, but I know that he is on the Lord's errand and that's where he's meant to be. I am so excited for him as I know this will be a life changing experience.

I have so much respect for these young guys who go out and serve a mission. My mom and I were talking about it the other day, and I can't say that I would be jumping at the thought of being dropped into a random city/country, not knowing a soul and expected to live a certain lifestyle. These guys (and girls) are so strong and courageous and definitely have my respect.

4 comments:

Kirsten Treff said...

Yeah for Paul! I told your mom that it seems as though the Ormston missionaries are pretty well covering the Southwestern US States!

Flansburgh Family said...

Haha, I thought the same thing as Kirsten when I read your blog! Congratulations Paul!! He'll be great!

Skye said...

So exciting! I know what you mean about them just not seeming old enough! So weird!!!! He'll be great!

Joe said...

Congratulations, Paul! You'll do great!