Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Macy's here to stay!!!




Well, all my friends seem to have these blogs, and I LOVE reading theirs, so I thought I'd create one of my own. As most of you know, Luke and I adopted our baby girl Macy last week. Macy was born on May 25th 2007, weighing in at 6lbs 15oz. She has already brought so much joy to our lives in the past 10 days, and I'm SOOOOOO happy to say that she is officially ours!!! When you adopt, the law in Alberta is that there is a 10 day revocation period, where the birth mother can change her mind and take the child back. Today is our tenth day and in 45 minutes (midnight), she's ours FOREVER!!! For my friends and family that will see this, I just want to say thank-you for all the support you've given Luke and I over the past year. It's been a real emotional roller coaster, but holding my daughter in my arms makes it all worth it.




Well, I better go, I just wanted to start my blog and keep everyone up to date on our milestones. I hope that somebody actually reads this.






4 comments:

Tiffany said...

So can I say how excited I am that you are an offical blogger now. Good on ya girl. So much has happened the last few days I definatly need a Carissa Chat. I am so happy for you that the waiting period is over, I knew there was nothing to worry about, Macy is definatly meant for you and Luke. You two are already the best little parents, totally naturals. I will definatly be reading your blog!!!

Jodi Pilling said...

CONGRATS...now the wait is over! You must be so relieved and happy. Macy is a doll! Now I can add your blog to the list of others I read daily. HAve a good one!

Janessa said...

I can't wait to meet her this week-end! She is adorable! Kaden is really looking forward to seeing her and holding her....on the couch!!! lol
See ya soon!

Shannon said...

I read it!!1
I'm so happy for you guys Carissa

and what a relief the 10 days are up

Macy's gorgeous, I keep stalking your Facebook profile to see if you've added more pics, and today you have! I'm off to check them out

Congrats on becoming a mom